A Bit About Westbury
Westbury are a manufacturer and supplier of premium grade bespoke timber windows, doors and roof lanterns. For over 30 years, together with our sister company Westbury Garden Rooms, we have been producing products of the highest quality for a wide variety of projects. We go above and beyond for all the clients we are lucky enough to work with, by offering the highest quality materials and exceptional customer service. The position we are advertising is based within our Essex factory, where we boast state of the art machinery which enables us to manufacture everything on site.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Window and Door Assembly operative to join our friendly manufacturing factory team. We are seeking an individual who takes pride in their work to achieve our very high-quality standards, whilst meeting production deadlines. Close attention to detail is required for product quality assurance and consistency.
Previous experience of working in the window & door industry (Timber, PVC, or Aluminium) fitting sanding, rubbing dow and preparing various types of windows & doors for painting, would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given.
- Use hand power tools; sanders, routers, mitre machines, saws to carry out the above.
- Use drum sander machine; change sanding belts as required
- Filling and sanding; ensuring product is completed to our set standards
- Removing excess glue in preparation for painting
- Fitting casements & sliding sashes onto window frames.
- Quality checking of finished products
- Wrapping of finished products
- Assisting with the loading & unloading of lorries.
- Assistance in other departments as required.
- A good work ethic & a drive to succeed
- Responsible, reliable & conscientious individual
- Experience within the joinery industry a preference (but not essential)
- Warm & friendly approach
- Hardworking individual
- Good command of spoken & written English and be able to work within a team
Hours of Work
- 06:00am to 14.30pm Mondays to Friday
- Full time employment
- Starting hourly rate of between £11.00 & £13.00 depending on experience
- Opportunity of overtime at an enhanced hourly rate
- Company incentive bonus scheme
- Company lottery scheme
- 21 days paid annual holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme following successful completion of probation period
- Private healthcare scheme following successful completion of probation period
- Subsidised on site cooked lunches
- Gold accredited investors in people awarded company
- On site office dogs
- Free on-site parking to every employee
- Warm & friendly team always willing to help & support
- Fantastic opportunity to grow & develop within the role
- On-site training provided