We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our fast-growing Design Team.
Westbury Garden Rooms is a designer, planner and manufacturer of bespoke glazed and timber buildings including orangeries, conservatories, garden rooms, kitchen extensions and pool houses. Founded in 1988 by Jonathan Hey, Westbury remains a family run business based in Essex, working across the UK and Internationally.
We pride ourselves on our high-end brand and exceptional quality which is also reflected in the workplace having most recently been accredited Investors in People Gold.
About the role
This is a full-time position based in our head office in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
We offer a great package including a competitive salary (dependent on experience), private healthcare and pension scheme.
- To design, draw and create architectural illustrations and artwork by way of technical drawings
- Utilising software to create illustrations of garden room designs for clients
- Assisting the Design Team within a deadline-driven environment
- Understand architectural detail, building, interiors and visualisations.
- Use software tools to create illustrations to assist the Design Team
- Ability to take a brief, understand project requirements and then develop visual ideas into illustration artwork
- Responsible for seeing a project through to completion and assisting in turning ideas into reality
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in art, design, architecture and ideally in garden rooms, living spaces and the wider world of interior design. You will also ideally have experience working in either an interior or architectural design environment.
- Have good knowledge and experience in Adobe Illustrator, Procreate and Photoshop or other illustrative programmes. Experience in AutoCAD and/or CAD would be desirable.
- Confident illustrative and drawing abilities by hand and/or digitally
- Excellent observational drawing skills and understanding of light, shadow, shape and texture and how to translate this into 2D illustrations
- Ability to work to set deadlines in a fast-paced role
- Have a creative attitude and the ability to generate engaging visual ideas
- Be precise and accurate with clear presentation skills
- Have a strong interest in, and an understanding of buildings, materials and interiors
- Be creative and imaginative with an eye for detail and design
- Be highly motivated
- Be teachable and willing to learn everything about Westbury design and products
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
If this is a description of you, we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, portfolio demonstrating your illustrative style, and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will receive for this role, we’re unable to personally take calls and respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.
No agencies, please.
*In accordance with current GDPR compliance, we will not hold any details/CV’s on file once the position is filled.