Westbury have been building bespoke glazed and timber buildings for over 30 years.
We are seeking an experienced carpenter (or team of two) with knowledge of timber structures, setting up steelwork, joinery framework, flat roofs etc.
The ideal candidate would be based near/around the Wickford, Essex area so they can team up with our other fitter/share the van.
This role does involve travelling, with the occasional stay away as we build projects all over the UK. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to organise work under little supervision, individually or as part of a team.
A company van will be provided to candidates so a full driving license is required please.
This role is ideal If you are looking for a stable full-time PAYE job and to get away from the unreliability of contract work or self-employment then this job is for you. On site hours 7.30 – 4.30 Monday to Friday.
On offer is a competitive salary, chance to work as part of a successful team, great company benefits and reasonable working hours.
- Carpentry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Good health & happy to lift large frames/steel work.
- Working knowledge of materials used in carpentry
- Working knowledge of relevant tools & equipment
- Able to read working drawings/plans
- Installing garden rooms structures
- setting up steels & Framework
- 1st fix joinery with the occasional 2nd fix
- Maintaining good standard of onsite Health & Safety
- Carrying out aftercare visits when required.
- Ensuring sites are left tidy.
- Reliability and tidiness are essential
- No agencies please.
Please do look on our website to see more of what we do.
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will receive for this role, we’re unable to personally take calls and respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.
No agencies please.
*In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not hold any details/CV’s on file once the position is filled.