We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our fast-growing Design Team.
Westbury Garden Rooms is a designer, planner and manufacturer of bespoke glazed and timber buildings including orangeries, conservatories, garden rooms, kitchen extensions and pool houses. Founded in 1988 by Jonathan Hey, Westbury remains a family run business based in Essex, working across the UK and Internationally.
We pride ourselves on our high-end brand and exceptional quality which is also reflected in the workplace having most recently been accredited Investors in People Gold.
About the role
This is a full-time position is generally field-based but attendance at our head office in South Woodham Ferrers will be regularly required also.
We offer a great package including a competitive salary (dependent on experience), private healthcare and pension scheme.
- Supporting and working alongside the Commercial Director and Design Team
- Liaising with clients by email and telephone as well as attending all client design meetings at clients’ properties and showroom visits
- Travelling to site visits nationwide
- Producing CAD drawings of plans and elevations
- Sales negotiations and pricing of projects
- Keeping sales reports and closely monitoring own targets
- Identifying potential commercial opportunities for business development
- Revising drawing post site survey and handing over clients to project management
- Maintaining excellent communications with clients for the duration of the project
- General administration
We are looking for someone who has studied art, design, architecture or a design-led subject at degree level and has experience of working as a full-time designer in either an interior or architectural design environment.
You will have a really keen interest in design, ideally for garden rooms and living spaces and the wider world of interior design.
- Be highly motivated
- Be teachable and willing to learn everything about Westbury design and products
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have effective and proven negotiating skills
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
If this is a description of you, we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will receive for this role, we’re unable to personally take calls and respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.
No agencies, please.
*In accordance with current GDPR compliance, we will not hold any details/CV’s on file once the position is filled.