A Bit About Westbury
Westbury are a manufacturer and supplier of premium grade bespoke timber windows, doors, and roof lanterns. For over 30 years, together with our sister company Westbury Garden Rooms, we have been producing products of the highest quality for a wide variety of projects. We go above and beyond for all the clients we are lucky enough to work with by offering the highest quality materials and exceptional customer service.
The position we are advertising is for an experienced CNC operator based within our Essex factory, where we boast large number of industry leading machinery and a very friendly working environment.
Working within our Machine Shop, you will be responsible for setting and operating CNC machines to manufacture components from raw material in preparation for our internal assembly. Experience of programme editing would be beneficial but not essential, with in house training and support provided.
Whether you have previous experience in a similar role or transferable skills from another industry, we are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable, and hardworking individual, above all we need a good all-rounder, with the right attitude and personality to join our busy team.
Main Duties Include
- Setting, Operating 3 & 5 Axis CNC Machines and wood routing
- Learn and understand fabrication and production techniques
- Ensure components are to correct specification and standards to meet client requirements
- Manufacture bespoke goods to meet production quality and output levels
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop including maintenance of tools and machines
- Working to Health & Safety rules and guidelines
- Experience in 3 & 5 Axis CNC machining
- Experience in programme editing would be beneficial, but not essential
- Good all-round practical skills
- Must be physically fit to lift required pieces to be machined
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- English speaking
Hours of Work
- 06:00am to 14:30pm Monday to Friday
- Full time employment
- Competitive rate between £12.00 & £15.00 per hour depending on experience
- Company pension scheme & private health care following successful probation
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company incentive bonus scheme
- Overtime opportunity at enhanced hourly rate
- Subsidised cooked lunches
- Free on-site employee parking
- Warm & friendly staff with annual team building events
- Company branded clothing
The company is a Gold accredited Investors In People. We offer a great package including competitive salary (dependant on experience), private healthcare, pension scheme and 21 days holiday.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, portfolio of works (if applicable) and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received for this role, we’re unable to personally respond to all candidates. If you don’t hear back from us within a few weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. We nevertheless encourage you to look out for and apply to other suitable positions in the future.
*In accordance with current GDPR compliance, we will not keep any details/CV’s on file once the position is filled.