Timber Roof Lanterns
Premium Quality Roof Lanterns, Designed, Manufactured and Installed by our Expert Team
Westbury Timber Roof Lanterns are the ideal solution for allowing more natural light to flow in your home. Our Lantern Roofs are expertly designed and manufactured in our UK factory by skilled craftsmen using the latest technology.
Westbury Roof Lanterns are made to measure, to fit perfectly in your flat roof extension and are designed with minimal maintenance in mind. Our Roof Lanterns are composite in structure, with a timber frame inside and an outer capping made from aluminium except for the ridge cap, which is Accoya. This means they are fully protected from weathering and will not move, swell crack or allow water to ingress.
Key Features of a Westbury Roof Lantern
- Timber Roof Lanterns manufactured using knot-free engineered timber
- Class 1 timber selected for its durability, stability, and sustainability
- Fully Capped with aluminium externally, meaning no water can ingress
- Roof vents, electrically operated with auto controls
- Roof lantern vents including rain sensors and thermostatic controls
- Roof Glazing with a 10-Year Guarantee
- Roof Lanterns manufactured to meet any size and specification
- Optional laminated, or solar reflective glass is available (Westbury SunGuard)
- Square Roof Lanterns, Rectangle Roof Lanterns and Octagonal Roof Lanterns available
- Full installation service included
Why Choose a Westbury Roof Lantern?
We have over 30 years of experience and expertise in designing, manufacturing and installing Roof Lanterns and Orangeries across the UK and have also shipped them internationally. Westbury Timber Roof Lights are manufactured in the UK in our factory in Essex.
We have perfected our product to ensure that it is the best that it can be by choosing the highest quality materials, using the latest technology and investing in the most efficient machine technology for the production of our Roof Lanterns.
Our Roof Lantern glazing is 4-16-4 toughened clear, argon-filled sealed units with Low-E coating and warm edge spacer bar as standard. Optional laminated, or solar reflective glass is available to help your room maintain an optimum temperature all year round.
At the perimeter of the roof, a purpose-made aluminium glazing tray with drainage is installed. The glass is clipped into this, ensuring the top sheet of glass does not separate from the bottom. This protects the spacer bar from UV.
Are there different types of Roof Lantern?
We offer different types of Roof Lantern both Glazed and Boarded. Typically, we add glazed roof lanterns to orangery extensions and flat roof extensions, but we also offer an option for a boarded roof lantern if you would like to minimise the level of glazing.
Roof Lantern Blinds
Our lantern roof lights include ventilation features and solar glazing to keep them feeling cool while the sunshine bathes the room below, so blinds are not essential. However, some homeowners also choose to install roof lantern blinds as part of their flat roof extension project. We can work with your chosen supplier, or recommend a supplier to help you choose the right blinds for your roof lantern.