Getting orangey in the orangery – Westbury’s take on the Aperol Spritz
With the warm and sunny evenings now upon us, we've put our own spin on the Aperol Spritz, the perfect drink to enjoy in your orangery this Summer.
On the back of the revival in formal dining and in-home drinking, we are commissioning our very own drinks cabinet to adorn our orangery, which will also house a coffee machine for any of our clients who don’t fancy anything stronger than an espresso on a morning appointment.
And so, with all the excitement of installing our very own drinks cabinet, we of course, have turned our attention to the prospect of deciding on Westbury’s own signature drinks and having a few favourites that we can whip up for our favourite clients.
But despite our best efforts to lead the way in drinking trends – it would seem that the drink of choice at Westbury is still the Aperol Spritz, which is so last year, but just so darn good, that we felt it deserved a place on our blog.
So, if you want to make it at home – here’s the recipe we’ll be using, with the added bonus of a top tip gained from Savile Row’s Sartoria, which gives our Aperols a special something extra.
What you’ll need
- A chilled bottle of prosecco
- A bottle of Aperol
- Slices of blood orange
What to do
- Fill oversized wine glasses with cube of ice
- Serving Aperol like the Venetians means pouring Aperol into your glasses in equal measures to the Prosecco, rather than allowing the Prosecco to dominate
- Finish with a splash of soda water (two fingers) and slices of blood orange, which add a more distinct flavour hit to the final drink, with delicious undertones of raspberry
- Sit back and enjoy
- Repeat as necessar – rr – rr – y zzzz zzz